Study Permit

A study permit is a written authorization foreign nationals must obtain in order to study in Canada. It's validity starts from the moment you step into Canada all the way until the end of your course. Your study permit becomes invalid 90 days after your study program has been completed. Your program is considered complete when you receive a notification of program completion from your school.

There are certain special circumstances under which you do not need a study permit:

  • If you plan to study in a short-term program for 6 months or less, you do not need a study permit. You may do this while holding a visitor visa.
  • If you are a member of a foreign armed force under the Visiting Forces Act, you do not need a permit to study in Canada.
  • If you are a citizen of another country who has Registered Indian status in Canada, you do not need a permit to study in Canada.
  • If you are a family member or staff member of a foreign representative to from the Department of Foreign Affairs, Trade and Development Canada (DFATD), you may not need a permit to study in Canada.

Before applying for a study permit, you must first apply for admission to the college of your choice. The admission process varies from college to college. But rest assured you will be required to show proof of your Academic Qualifications & English Language Proficiency. Once you get admission, the college will issue a letter of acceptance, which will be attached with the visa application. If you destination of study is Quebec, you must first obtain a Certificat d’acceptation du Québec (CAQ) issued by the Ministère de l'Immigration, Diversité et Inclusion (MIDI). Without it, your application will not be entertained.

In addition to this, you should also be able to prove that you have enough money for the duration of your stay in Canada to pay for your tuition fees, living expenses & transportation costs to & from Canada. This can be shown through a special Guaranteed Investment Certificate (GIC) issued by Scotia bank, for the amount of CAD $10,200. You also have the option of submitting a copy of the receipt for the first year / semester tuition fee payment along with a copy of an educational Loan from an Indian Chartered Bank equivalent to the amount of CAD $10,200.

The Canadian government is very strict when it comes to the safety & security of their country. So it will be made sure that you provide a Police Clearance Certificate stating that you are a law-abiding citizen & have no record of criminal activity & will not be a risk to the security of Canada. Moreover that you are not suffering from any communicable disease and do not carry any deadly virus. This will be determined by a mandatory medical examination that will be performed by one of the many Panel Doctors approved by the Canadian Government to do this test.

It goes without saying that an incomplete application will be disqualified on the spot. So it is important that your application is checked & rechecked before you send it in for consideration. Our agents are trained to make sure they don't miss even a single detail. This gives you a better chance for approval.

Get In Touch

  • Add: Shop No. 9, First Floor, Nehru Place, Karnal - 132001, Haryana (India)
  • Ph/Fax: 0184-4046537
  • Helpline No: +91-7876766777
  • Email: